Fix for Run-Tim Error 3170, "Can't find installable ISAM."
Follow the steps below to correct this error. This is a one time fix, so you shouldn't have to worry about it in the future.
1. Click Start button, then click Find then Files and Folders (click Search, then All Files and Folders for Windows XP).
2. Type in the file name MSJET35.DLL and search for this file on your C: drive (make sure it says C: in the Find In line towards the bottom of the window).
3. After the file is found, leave the search window open. If more than one file was found, you want the one in the System folder for Windows 95, 98 and ME, or System32 folder for Windows NT, 2000, and XP.
4. Then click on Start and then Run.
5. Type in the command REGSVR32 and put a space after it.
6. Then click and drag the DLL file that was found in the System folder down to the Run command line. It should add the path for this file after the RESVR32 command.
7. Click OK to run this command. You should see a "Succeeded" message.
8. Next click Start then Run again, and change the file name from MSJET35.DLL to MSTEXT35.DLL (Everything else on the line stays the same) and click OK.
© 2012 Infinitive Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved.